As owners of small business, most of us are quite used to working hard in a daily basis. After a while, this becomes a routine; so having a free day can feel a little strange. As much as this will benefit your business, it’s always best for you if you can take a moment to step back and observe your surrounding. If you do so, you might come to realize that your commercial building is in dire need of a “face lift”. If you don’t have the freedom to splurge by getting the professionals to do so, here are a few things that you can do by yourself to get a satisfying result…
- Paint jobs; both external and internal – with the help of your staff and coworkers, consider giving the walls of your place of business a new coating of paint. Even if your commercial building is fairly new, chances are that the daily use, along with the heavy air pollution so common world-wide now-a-days, has made it look less that perfect. If your building has tall walls, consider getting a boom lift hire to assist your painting of the exterior walls. If it’s fairy short, then you should be fine with paint rollers and brushes.
- Getting new furniture – like the walls, the wear and tear of your furniture too has to be taken into consideration. While you might be immune to the slight stains, the creaking of the wood or the way some of your cushions sag slightly, your customers will be sure to notice them. This can especially be concerning to new clients. To avoid this from happening, consider getting new furniture (at least, those that your clients see and use), or at the very least, getting them refurbished.
- Spiffy windows and new shutters – unless you are using a cleaning service, chances are that your windows don’t get the cleaning it deserves. Using lift hire Geelong to safely get you to the windows from the outside, you can get them shiny and clean. Don’t forge to replace your old shutters; especially if they are showing signs of wear.
- Brand new lights – switching your lights to LED is a smart decision most commercial owners tend to make; especially if along with energy saving, it also saves your electricity bills. But most LED lights tend to dim out after a certain period, making your commercial building look dingy. It’s also a concern as dim lights tend to make people less productive. To avoid this, routinely switch out your dimmed light bulbs.
- Trading in the air conditioner – this is probably something you usually don’t hear. Like the lights, the air conditioners available now-a-days too tend to become less than perfect after a certain period of use. Generally, getting it serviced should solve this issue. But if the issues (like it taking time to cool a room, or making loud humming noises) persist, consider trading it in.